Maria Early Learning Center, a sponsored ministry of the Sisters of Notre Dame, is an educational learning center. The Sisters and their collaborators have been providing quality child care and learning experiences for infants through prekindergarten children since 1990.
What makes Maria Early Learning Center unique?
- As a Catholic early learning center we recognize the importance of supporting the child’s spiritual development.
- An attractive, comfortable facility, the Center is located on 3 acres providing outdoor space for play in all kinds of weather.
The Ohio Childcare Resource and Referral Association (OCRRA) has given Maria a Five Star Rating. The Five-Star rating is the highest rating this department gives to childcare centers. Maria was the first center in Lucas County to receive this rating. Currently, Maria is one of 29 centers out of 140 in Lucas County who have received this rating.
- Currently, the Center is the only one in the area to use LifeCubby, an online source for documenting a child’s growth and mastery of Ohio’s early learning content standards
- The Center’s location offers easy access off of I-475
- Children can enjoy the beauty of the natural world by exploring our sensory garden and native plants of the Oak Openings biosystem.
- Prekindergarten children spend time with intergenerational “friends,” retired Sisters of Notre Dame
- The Center is nut-free and allergy-aware!
- The Center is a recognized Ohio Healthy Programs Project site.